Moving Tips and Checklist: How to Plan a Relocation
Jan 13, 2021
Moving to a new house is always exciting, but it is difficult to ignore the hassle and stress involved in the process. From the scheduling, managing expenses, and packing to utility transfer, dealing with kids and general disruption, you have to simultaneously deal with several things. Therefore, it is essential to have a proper plan for your relocation.
Without a comprehensive plan, the entire moving process can turn into a complete mess. Whether you are moving on your own or hired reliable removalists in Newcastle, you should know about some important moving tips and a standard checklist. It will help you to accomplish your relocation in a safe and organised manner.
Read on to know more about how to plan a relocation process.
7 To 8 Weeks Before You Move
You should start your preparations two months before your moving day. It gives you enough time to focus on all the essential aspects of relocation. Start your preparations with the following tasks.
- Prepare a Budget: Prepare your moving budget and include every possible expense in it.
- DIY vs. Professionals: You must decide whether you can move on your own or need professional help.
- Research: If you have decided to hire a reliable removals company in Newcastle, start your research.
- Declutter Your Home: Get rid of all the unwanted stuff – you can either sell or donate the things.
- Arrange Moving Supplies: From moving boxes and packing papers, to bubble wrap and moving blankets, you must arrange everything in advance.
4 To 5 Weeks Before You Move
It is the most crucial phase of the moving process because you have to pay attention to the most important tasks. Any delay in these tasks can cause a lot of chaos on your moving day.
- Book Removalists: If you have completed your research on the best removalists in Newcastle, book them quickly.
- Change Address: It is the right time to forward your request to change address because you don’t want to get any mails after moving.
- Transfer Utilities: Like address, you should also forward a request to transfer your utilities.
- Start Packing: You should start your packing process and begin with fragile items. To save time, you can opt for the best packaging service in Newcastle.
- Inform Friends and Family: If you need the help of your family and friends on a moving day, you should inform them at least one month before the moving day.
- Visit New Home: If there is any possibility, visit the new place with your family and explore the new surroundings.
1 To 2 Weeks Before You Move
By this time, you must have finished the majority of your packing and other important tasks. Now you need to make sure that everything is going on as per the plan.
- Remind the Professionals: Talk to the Newcastle removalists and remind them about the date.
- Talk to Your Kids: Have a chat with your kids and make sure they are happy with the move.
- Look for Babysitter and Pet Shelter: Small kids and pets can be a massive distraction on moving day so make arrangements for them.
- Pack Your Moving Kit: Pack you essential bag that should have medicines, chargers, paper towel, extra clothes, toiletries and so on.
1 To 2 Days Before You Move
When you are only a couple of days away from your moving day, you need to focus on wrapping up the packing process and move towards the moving day.
- Put Label on Boxes: Label the boxes after packing and choose different colour for different room.
- Pack Your Refrigerator: First, defrost and clean your refrigerator. Then pack it properly.
- Talk to Your Neighbours: Have a word with your neighbours and request them to forward your mail to the new address.
It is the most important day of the moving process. Thus, you need to make sure that you wake up early and try to complete the entire process without facing any obstacles.
- Wake up Early: You should wake up early on this big day to start thing quickly.
- Scan the Entire House: Check the entire house and pack everything that is unpacked.
- Prepare Food for the Road: if you want to have homemade food, prepare it and pack it.
- Take Care of the Kids: Ask your friends or family to take care of your kids.
- Make Sure Professionals Have the Right Address: The last thing you want is to have a miscommunication with the driver about the address. So, make sure they have the right one.
Relocation is difficult for everyone, but you can make it a lot easier with the help of a proper plan. If you are moving, then you should follow the moving tips and checklist that is mentioned above. It will help you to prepare your relocation process in the best possible way. As a result, you will be able to complete your move without any kind of stress or hassles.